Compal Green Sustainability & External Advocacy
- Environmental protection and regulatorycompliance
- Proactive implementation of various environmentalperformances
- Gradual disposal and replacement of equipment of high energy and water consumption
- Development of renewable energy and automatic production equipment
- R&D of environmentally friendly products
- Focus on enterprise environmental sustainabilityeducation
- Creation of the healthy and green life of employees
We recalibrated and set 2019 as the benchmark year for carbon emission, so that it is closer to carbon reduction benchmark. It is tiered into short, medium- and long-term reduction goals. For each year 4.2% of reduction shall be achieved from its previous year, and 50% reduction as the mid-term goal in 2030. Gradually achieve the goal of 100% renewable energy use in global operating sites by 2050, and implement the goal of "net zero carbon emissions".
We have joined SBTi, one of international initiatives, and expect to reach the target of carbon reduction by 2024.
- We have been participating in CDP and responding to questionnaires on climate change, water, and supply chain since 2009.
- In 2011, Compal was invited to participate in the GHG product value-added carbon footprint experimental project developed by the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) and WRI, during which we provided feedback on our experience and recommendation in the ICT product carbon footprint survey and contributed to the establishment and improvement of new standards.
- In 2013, we led over 33 suppliers to participate in the Enterprise Carbon Footprint Restructuring and Upgrade Project organized by Kunshan City Government, Industrial Technology Research Institute, and Taiwan Electrical and Electronic Manufacturers’ Association, and were awarded the title of “Low Carbon Pioneer”.
- In 2013, we participated in the DJSI and Supply Chain Greenhouse Gas Task Force of Taiwan Enterprises Alliance for International Sustainability Index.
- In 2013, Compal was invited to participate in the corporate pledge for environmental education during the Taipei World Environmental Day and has since been educating employees in green living through action.
- Compal won a certificate of excellence in Taipei City's 2nd National Environment Education Award - Private Business Division in 2013.
- In 2014, Compal was invited to the annual meeting of Taiwan's "Cradle to Cradle" platform.
- In 2015, Compal achieved a Disclosure score of 97 and a Performance band of "C," and was selected in the Climate Disclosure Leadership Index for the very first time.
- Compal participated in the 2050 Pathways Platform of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change in 2016.
- In 2017, Compal achieved a Performance band of B.
- In 2018, Compal became the pioneer supporter of the Action Plan of Marine Debris Governance in Taiwan organized by EPA.
- In 2019, in response to the “Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Recommendations (TCFD)” and following the recommendations and guidelines to make disclosures according to the “Recommended Disclosure Matters.”
- In 2020, participate in the “Do One Thing for Tamsui River” clean river and environmental education promotion.
- In 2021, to identify critical climate risks and opportunities, we followed TCFD to determine reaction strategy and targets, and then continued to track and manage the topic in a qualitative and quantitative way.
- In 2022, Compal committed to set science-based reduction targets (SBT) and actively calculate base year GHG emissions in accordance with standard guidelines.
Updated on July 18, 2023